When greeting each other no matters local to local or local to tourist we greet by ‘Sampeah’ and not shaking hands instead.
1) When visiting a friend or some one’s house taking your shoes off, before climbing up stairs
2) When meeting locals who are older taking your hat or cap off and say ‘how do you do’ while greeting.
3) Cambodian are supper friendly to tourist by showing their smile at you, so please smile back.
4) Say good bye (chumreap lea / Learhuey)and greet them, before you leave.
5) Sometimes you can see locals saying and point at you, this is normal for them, but please don’t judge them seriously.
1) Don’t touch the month, (if) you are woman when having photograph at the monastery or temples
2) When you climb up the stairs of someone’s house, please don’t put on shoes, otherwise you dirt on their floor
3) Don’t put on hat /cap on your head when you meet the older people or walk in someone’s house – this is rude.